From Molly Kilete, Abuja
The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command said it has arrested four suspected one-chance robbery gang in an attempted kidnapping and rescued two victims.
FCT police public relations officer Josephine Adeh, who made this known, said the suspects were arrested following a distress call and swift police response.
Adeh, in a statement issued in Abuja, said the incident occurred on Tuesday, October 8, 2025, at about 10:09 p.m., when one Hajara Ali reported at Life Camp Police Station that her sister, Comfort Habila, had called in distress, saying she had been abducted by suspected criminals who demanded ₦1,000,000 ransom for her freedom.
She said following the report, operatives from the Life Camp Division, using digital and tactical intelligence, tracked and arrested the suspects at Dape Village around 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday, October 9, after a confrontation.
She gave the names of the suspects to include Solomon Tanko, Samuel Audu, Chigozie Joseph and Emmanuel Chidiebere.
The statement reads: “The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command has arrested four (4) suspects involved in a one-chance robbery and attempted kidnapping, successfully rescuing two victims in the process.
“On 8th October 2025, at about 10:09 p.m., the Command received a report at Life Camp Police Station that a victim had called in distress, alleging that she had been abducted by suspected criminals who demanded a ransom of ₦1,000,000 for her release.
“Upon receipt of the report, police operatives from Life Camp Division immediately swung into action. Through the deployment of digital and tactical intelligence, on 9th October 2025, at about 4:30 a.m., the suspects were arrested at Dape Village after a near-deadly confrontation with the police.
“Two victims were rescued during the operation. However, one of them, who sustained multiple stab wounds inflicted by the suspects, was promptly rushed to Gwarinpa General Hospital, where he is currently receiving medical treatment.
“Further investigation revealed that the suspects have been involved in a series of one-chance robberies around the Bannex and Kado areas, using a vehicle with tinted windows to deceive unsuspecting passengers. They revealed that they had picked and robbed six (6) victims, both men and women, before their arrest.
“Exhibits recovered from the suspects include: 15 international passports, two sharp daggers, two cutlasses, bloodstained documents, four mobile phones, two hammers, and three biros.
“The suspects will be charged to court upon the conclusion of investigations.
“The Commissioner of Police, FCT Command, commended the swift response of the Life Camp Divisional Police Officers and urged residents to always trust the police and report incidents promptly for quick intervention. He also advised members of the public to remain vigilant and report suspicious activities through the following emergency lines: 08032003913, 08028940883, and CRU FCT: 08107314192.”
The post FCT police arrest four one-chance robbery suspects, rescue two kidnapped victims appeared first on The Sun Nigeria.
